What are cookies and what do we use them for?
A cookie is a small file of information that is stored on your computer, smartphone or tablet every time you visit our website.
In principle, a cookie is harmless: it does not contain viruses, trojans, worms, etc. that may damage your terminal, but it does have some impact on your right to the protection of your personal data, as it collects certain information concerning your person (browsing habits, identity, preferences, etc.).
That is why, based on what is established in the applicable regulations (LSSI and current personal data protection regulations), you can deactivate certain types of cookies.
In your browser COOKIES SETTINGS section, you can give your authorization for the activation or deactivation of the cookies you want: take control and enjoy a personalized navigation on our page.
Before that, we will give you some additional information that will help you to make better decisions about it:
- Cookies can be of various types depending on their purpose:
- Technical cookies are necessary for our website to work, do not need your authorization and they are the only ones we have activated by default.
- The rest of cookies can be used to improve our page, to personalize it based on your preferences, or to be able to show you advertising adjusted to your searches, tastes and personal interests. All of them are activated by default, but you can deactivate them in any moment, which you can take by a step as simple and fast as using your browser COOKIES SETTINGS.
- Some cookies are ours and others belong to external companies that provide services for our website (we will call them third-party cookies: an example could be cookies from external providers such as Google). In this sense, it is important that you know that some of these external suppliers may be located outside of Spain.
Globally, not all countries have the same level of data protection, with some countries being safer than others (for example, the European Union is a secure environment for your data). Our policy is to rely on reliable suppliers who, regardless of whether or not they are located in the European Union, have adopted the appropriate guarantees for the protection of your personal information.
Finally, we want to inform you that, depending on the period of time they remain active, cookies can be of two different types:
- Session cookies: they expire automatically when you finish the session on your computer, smartphone or tablet. They are usually used to keep the necessary information while providing a service only once.
- Persistent cookies: they remain stored on your computer, smartphone or tablet for a certain period, which can vary from a few minutes to several years.
What type of cookies can we use on our website?
Technical cookies (required):
Technical cookies are strictly necessary for our website to work so you can navigate through it. This type of cookies are those that, for example, allow us to identify you, give you access to certain restricted parts of the page if necessary, or remember different options or services already selected by you, such as your privacy preferences. Therefore, they are activated by default, and your authorization is not necessary in this regard.
Through the settings of your browser, you can block or alert the presence of this type of cookies, although such blocking will affect the proper functioning of the different functionalities of our website.
Analysis cookies allow us to study the users navigation of our website in general (for example, which sections of the page are the most visited, which services are used most and if they work correctly, etc.).
From the statistical information about the navigation on our website, we can improve both the operation of the page itself and the different services it offers. Therefore, these cookies do not have an advertising purpose, but only serve to make our website work better, adapting to our users in general. If you do not deactivate them you will contribute to this continuous improvement.
Functionality and customization cookies:
Functionality cookies allow us to remember your preferences, to personalize certain characteristics and general options of our website every time you access it (for example, the language in which the information is presented to you, the sections marked as favorites, your browser, etc.).
Therefore, this type of cookies do not have an advertising purpose, but if you do not deactivate them you will improve the functionality of the website (for example, adapting to your browser) and the customization of it based on your preferences (for example, by presenting the information in the language that you have chosen in previous occasions), which will contribute to the ease, usability and comfort of our page during your navigation.
Advertising cookies allow us to manage the advertising spaces included in our website based on criteria such as the content shown or the frequency in which the ads are displayed.
For example, if you have been shown the same ad several times on our website, and you have not shown a personal interest by clicking on it, it will not appear again. In summary, if you do not deactivte this type of cookies, the advertising shown on our website will be more useful and diverse, and less repetitive.
Behavioral advertising cookies:
Behavioral advertising cookies allow us to obtain information based on the observation of your browsing habits and behaviors on the web, in order to show you advertising content that best suits your personal tastes and interests.
To understand it in a very simple way, we will give you a fictitious example: if your last searches on the web were related to suspense literature, we would show you advertising about suspense books.
Therefore, if you do not deactivate this type of cookies, the advertising that we show you on our website will not be generic, but will be oriented to your searches, tastes and interests, therefore adjusting exclusively to you.
What can you do with cookies?
When you access our website for the first time, you are shown a window in which we inform you that cookies can be of various types, all of them are activated by default:
- Technical cookies are necessary for our website to work.
- The rest of cookies serve to improve our page, to personalize it based on your preferences, or to be able to show you advertising adjusted to your searches, tastes and personal interests.
Also inform you that, you have the possibility of deactivating any cookie at any time, using the COOKIES SETTINGS of your browser. It will always be as simple for you to activate our own cookies as to deactivate them.
Remember also that, if you block or alert the presence of cookies, although such blocking may affect the proper functioning of the different functionalities of our website in the case of the necessary technical cookies.
Finally, indicate that, if you want to deactivate third-party cookies (external companies that provide services for our website), you can do so in two ways: using the cookies deactivation tools of your browser or through the enabled systems themselves by such external suppliers.
To make it much easier, here are a series of links to the cookie deactivation guidelines of commonly used browsers:
- Google Chrome https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en
- Mozilla Firefox